Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Samples: Nuwati Herbals' Cloud Walking "Tea"

Last night, I tried my first sample from the Expo. It was Nuwati Herbals' Cloud Walking Tea (which is actually a tisane). It's for sleep and tension. (As I said before, I guess it's for aiding in sleep and easing tension.)

When I went to prepare Cloud Walking "Tea" shortly before my bedtime, I have to say that I was a little worried. The smell of the unbrewed blend of Catnip, Chamomile Flowers, Hops, Kava Kava, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower, Rosemary, Skullcap, St. John's Wort, and Valerian Root was not the most pleasant aroma I've ever encountered. Also, the catnip smell reminded me of a former roommate's cat. (As a yarnoholic, this is not something I find to be a relaxing scent-association.) However, once it was done brewing, it smelled great. The lemon balm and rosemary really came out. It also smelled vaguely minty to me for some reason, though I'm not sure why. The taste was OK, but the taste isn't really the point. What you really want to know is whether it worked or not. Yes, it worked. I don't know if it's because I thought it probably would, or if it just really works. The FDA isn't so sure either. Still, I felt mellow after drinking it and I went to sleep easily (a rarity unless I'm exhausted--perhaps THAT's why I'm such a workaholic).

I still have two more samples from Nuwati Herbals to try. First, I'm going to give some of the other companies a shot. Check back soon for more of my adventures with tea in small packages!



PS--I am feeling the music from Nuwati's website. "Awakening" in the morning was a good call. I should start my day by tapping into my Cherokee heritage more often.

No comments: