Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tap Water

It's awfully hot outside today, and NPR has a few things to say about NYC and tap water:

NYC urges residents (and, one would guess, tourists) to drink tap water


NPR talks about bottled water ethics


Personally, I use bamboo-charcoal filtered tap water for regular drinking and for tea. It tastes great and I can use a Nalgene or Platypus water bottle (my favorite, because it collapses as it empties) to carry it wherever I need it without having to send more plastic to the "recycling plant" (read: landfill--very little of your "recycling is actually recycled). In India, I will be drinking bottled water and using purification tablets (with my Platypus) to avoid "Delhi Belly." I'll let you know how that goes.

For more on selecting the best water for yourself and your tea, read Water for Tea.

No comments: