Friday, February 15, 2008

Tea Caddy





My very dear friend and fellow blogger Tajee just sent me a gorgeous tea caddy from Japan! It was wrapped on the diagonal, which is how many gifts are wrapped in Japan. (This is a tradition which comes from the use of ornate pieces of cloth ("gift cloths") to wrap gifts.) The caddy itself is laquered (a traditional Japanese technique) and has a lid in the style of shibori (resist-dyed) kimono fabric. (Can you tell I have a background in textile design? Tajee knows my tastes all too well!) I'll use it next time I'm enjoying matcha with friends. Thanks, Tajee!!!

PS--I'll be away on Monday, but check back on Vee Tea for more tea news (including a World Tea Expo forecast, info on a new tisane made from hops, what's up at P.S.1 in NYC, and the current hype on caffeine during pregnancy) later on next week. In the meantime, have a great weekend!