Friday, May 4, 2007

Top Five

I was inspired by a recent rewatching of High Fidelity to compile a list of my top five teas. The question is, which KIND of top five? Here we go . . .

Current Top Five
5. French Verveine (Harney & Son)
4. Homemade Masala Chai (made by mewith ingredients from assorted distributers)
3. Super Premium Sencha (Welcome Station)
2. Lung Ching (Rishi)
1. Jasmine Pearls (In Pursuit of Tea)

As you can see, I'm on a bit of a green tea kick.

All-Time Top Five
5. High Mountain Gyokuro (Welcome Station)
4. Takashimaya Rose (Harney)
3. Super Premium Sencha (Welcome Station)
2. Spicy Ginger Yerba Mate (Rishi)
1. Earl Grey (Rishi)

Subject to change!

Caffeine-Free Top Five (a.k.a. "Top Five Tisanes")
5. Blueberry (Elmwood)
4. Mandela Masala Chai (SerendipiTea)
3. French Tilleul (Harney)
2. Soba-Cha (I've forgotten the distributer at the moment . . .)
1. French Verveine (Harney)

Delicious--check. Caffiene-free--check. All right . . .

Top Five Iced Teas
5. Jasmine Pearls (In Prusuit of Tea)
4. Earl Grey (Rishi)
3. Jamacia Red Bush (Rishi)
2. Blueberry (Elmwood)
1. Tropical Blend (Urbana Cityspa & Teabar)

I brew these at double strength, add some tupelo honey, cool, and serve over ice. Icy AND tasty.

If you think of any top five tea lists you'd like me to compile, drop me a line here, or in the contact section of VeeTea.

No comments: