Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fancy Food Show

Just when you thought I was done talking about trade shows . . .

I went to the Fancy Food Show on Sunday and Monday. It was ENORMOUS. There were tons of tea (and chocolate and cookies and cheese and . . . ) people. There were so many products and companies to learn about! As for the people . . . . I met the Katrina from Vosges (an undeniably cool company) and some other people I hope to see around in the future. I also got to catch up with a bunch of people I already know, which was great. The only down side of the show was that I couldn't see everyone and everything I wanted to see. Of course they DO hold it four times a year, so I'm sure I'll be able to attend some other time.

One thing that came as kind of a shock was how many people in the food industry know very little about tea. Perhaps I should focus more on employee tea training for a while.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to share what I learned in my classes and tours . . .



PS--Food blog "The Food Section" covered much more of the FFS. Check it out if you're interested. I must disagree on one point and concur with another. They praised Scharffen Berger's soon-to-be-released "sea salted" almond/milk chocolate bar. I have to say that I think Scharffen Berger is VASTLY overrated, and note that I am (at the very least) sketched out by their "undeclared milk recall." Besides, Vosges did it better years ago. On the other side of the spectrum, I'm so glad they included Ito En's Matcha Latte, even if they did link it incorrectly. Mmm . . . tasty.

No comments: