Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Samples: Keiko Green Tea

Today's Expo sample is from Keiko Tea. It's a bagged, shade-grown Kagoshima green tea packaged like the tea in the link's lower right corner. As you can probably see, the packaging for this bagged tea is very cool. What surprised me when I opened it was that the teabag itself looked EXACTLY like My Green Tea, which I discussed in a previous post, right down to the pH neutral tag and ultrasonically-welded thread. The My Green Tea sample was so bag, that I began to worry that the tea would leave me disappointed in Keiko.

You see, I hung out at their booth a bit at the Expo and was quite impressed with their range of Japanese green teas. Also, they had a supremely cool matcha machine, some tasty green tea candies, and good (in some cases even great) loose teas. How could their bagged tea be as bad as the horror that was My Green Tea?!

As it turns out, it wasn't. It was pretty good for a bagged tea. Not the best I've ever had, but pretty good, nonetheless. It was mellow and mildly sweet, pleasant. It lasted through several infusions. Nice. Still, I really prefer their loose green and specialty teas. Try them out if you get the chance!

No comments: