Friday, September 14, 2007

Caffeine + Exercise = Cancerous Cell Death?

According to this study (of hairless mice), maybe. Of course, tea and excerise are both good for you, so I'm sure you're already partaking of both... right?

On a side note, I took up yoga recently. I've been doing it every day for at least 30 minutes and, oh, how worth every second it is. I feel happier, more centered, calmer, and more energetic. In the past, I tried doing it a few times a week, but doing it daily makes ALL the difference. Waking up to tea feels great, but waking up to tea and yoga feels divine.*

*L-theophyline, a compound in tea, increases the production of alpha-waves in the brain. So do meditation, yoga, and massage. Alpha-waves induce a feeling up euphoria and well-being. So I'm not making it up! It really does feel amazing.

No comments: