Sunday, August 19, 2007

Makaibari: Day Three

Today I saw some things that are too intangible and fantastical for me to write about here. Suffice it to say that Makaibari is a remarkably spiritual and sustainable place and you have to see it to believe it.

Aside from that, I have embarked on a mission to try every one of the teas they make at my hotel. Today, it was Orange Blossom (a light Darjeeling with orange peel and marmalade), a roasted Darjeeling with rose petals, saffron, spices, honey, and milk, and Kanchanjunga (basically hot cocoa with Darjeeling and mint). Did I mention that I love being in India? I also read more of "The One-Straw Revolution" and took a walk through the town with Natalia and Pat. (We decided that the views are like San Francisco times a thousand and were amused by the sight of a local boy with an NYC shirt on.)

It was a good day.

No comments: