Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tay Home Visit

My man and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Nini Ordoubadi and her fabulous tearoom, Tay Home, upstate. As much as we love NYC, it's wonderful to get away every now and then, especially if it happens to be somewhere both beautiful and tranquil. (Bonus points for lots of tea and changing leaves!) Here are some photos of our trip:



The leaves. Stunning! It was strange to see them go back from red, orange and brown to green on the return trip. Who would have thought that going to NYC would make one feel as though traveling back in time!











The view of changing leaves and pumpkins from Nini's charming (and gorgeously decorated) farmhouse.










Amazing heirloom tomatoes from Nini's garden. They are sweet, with no acidity.











Nini, the woman behind the beauty of Tay. She's drinking Better Than Sex, one of their most popular blends. Note the joss paper on the wall -- beautiful!







Checking out the single-note teas at Tay. (Those of you who know me but haven't seen me lately will notice that my hair has changed drastically. I'm going back to my natural hair color. It's more sustainable!)










More of Tay. Can you tell Nini's background is in interior design? She has a great eye, and has collected a wonderful array of items in her shop from beautiful handmade candles (some cast after a statue of Buddha) and soaps (I picked up the white jasmine soap) to vintage teapots to soapnuts (natural alternatives to laundry detergent) to handcrafted jewelry.


My man and I checking out Tay's line of blends. They specialize in rooibos, but also blend other botanicals, as well as black, green and oolong. On the right, you can see their cool sampler boxes. The tea tins are also very well designed.


Tasting teas with Nini. Yum! On the right are a few soon-to-be-introduced teas. More on them later!


Persian Rose, my personal favorite from Tay -- sweet and complex, with a phenomenal aroma.


Me just enjoying Tay and good company.

www.taytea.com

1 comment:

Lady Katherine said...

Love your outing! The tea looked wonderful.