Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tea Menus

While I'm in Charlotte, I'm working on a tea menu. Planning a tea menu is a tricky and never-ending process. Teas' and importers' quality levels and availabilities change from year to year. What was right for your client base when you opended may not be right for your current client base. New products come out, trends change, specialty teas gain popularity... there are many reasons to update your tea menu and a lot of ways to go about it. Personally, I love working on tea menus. Finding just the right teas for a certain group, comparing suppliers' and estates' teas to see what is the best match, making sure the menu is well-rounded and still focused on the core interests of the clients--these are challenges I am up for any day. Lately, I've been ordering and tasting dozens of samples. What a joy! I'll try to snap some photos for you soon. In the meantime, enjoy your tea! And if you're interested in having me help you develop or update your tea menu, let me know! (vee at veetea dot com)

No comments: