Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tea Samples, Plus Tea Art Tonight!

One of the great things about the World Tea Expo is the samples. They can really help you find unique, quality products for your tea business. At this point, I've tried many of the products that are being exhibited, but here are a few samples I'm looking forward to trying for the first time:









I often find that flowering teas in the US are sub-par in flavor, so I'm always on the lookout for hand-shaped teas that taste as good as they look. Perhaps some of these will fit the bill!

I'm also thrilled about the new Silver Green from Makaibari and I'm looking forward to trying the Le Palais du Thes samples.

PS--Michele Brody will be performing a tea art piece tonight. I've met her several times and seen some of her work before. If you enjoy my blog, I think you will also enjoy her work. The piece she will be performing is related to issues of immigration, work, ritual, communion, and (of course) tea. It will be tonight from 6-8 and Saturday from 1-4 at Henry Street Settlement's Abrons Art Center at the corner of Pitt and Grand Streets. For more information, visit Michele Brody's portfolio site or call Michele at 646.522.9924. Here's an image from a piece of hers I recently saw that deals with technology and nature.

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Sorry, I don't mean to be comment stalking your blog :) but I noticed that you didn't have any Tetulia samples in your photo. I'd love to send you some!!! Just let me know!

Vee said...

It's funny you should mention it--I was just drinking Neem Nectar and planning a post on it for next week! That's the only sample I picked up at Tetulia, but if you'd like to send me any other samples, email me at vee at veetea dot com and I'll send you my address. Thanks!

Steph said...

Oh, please do share how the art show went! Lovely!

Vee said...

I'm going to see it tomorrow. I'll let you know!