Thursday, July 31, 2008

iTunes U

iTunes has launched a very cool new feature: free educational podcasts from major educational, research and cultural institutions like MIT, CMU, NASA, MoMA and Asia Society. My current playlist:

Water for Tea (NASA)
Sustainable Business (CMU) (Great quote... "It's completely consistent for self interest to be aligned with the public interest and where doing good is synonymous doing well. There's no contradiction between doing something that is good and making money.")
The Myths of Innovation (CMU)
Launching and Building an Entrepreneurial Venture (CMU)
Interaction Design (CMU) (This one has a bit about ordering coffee in a coffee shop. As you can guess, these concepts apply to tea as well!)
The Role of New Technologies in a Sustainable Energy Economy (MIT)
Eva Hesse (MoMA)
Arshille Gorky (MoMA)
Living in a Global World (Research Channel)

They have fascinating, illuminating podcasts on a wide variety of topics. As a consultant, I LOVE this kind of thing. It's a great way to get the best information from top experts from many fields in a condensed, hassle-free and clear manner... which is what I always try to do for my clients. If you're a business owner or just interested in learning more, I highly recommend you check it out!

2 comments:

Summer said...

I love all the educational stuff on iTunes. I listened to a whole college Bio class to refresh before my national massage exam.

Gentle reminder: today's the last day for the contest. I'd LOVE to see your entry! http://tinyurl.com/ctccontest

Vee said...

Cool!

OK, here's my haiku. It's for an anonymous coffee-drinker friend who is interested in changing over to tea.

Caffeine shakes all day
Coffee leaves me jittery
Why not tea instead?