Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ah, Travel

Somehow I decided it was a GOOD idea to fly from ATL to NYC last night, the split for SF this morning. (Right . . .) Apparently, the airport gods disagreed with me on this. My flight was delayed 3.5 hours last night, which meant I got to run around like a crazy person doing laundry and packing and reserving a taxi when I got home. I slept for maybe 2 hours (not nearly enough to recover from the insanity that was the World Tea Expo, or from the flight, or from the remnents of my illness from last week). Then, at 5:30 AM, it was off to the airport (JFK this time) to fly to SF. I am SO glad my flight is not delayed (yet). The weather looks nice, so I think it will be OK. I hope I can sleep on the plane. (JetBlue has large seats, but no pillows or blankets. I wish I had thought of that in my packing frenzy.)

While visiting the various kiosks and shops in the airport during my wait for the plane, I was impressed with the range of bagged and bottled teas they offer. I was also glad to see that the bookstore had a copy of Augusten Burroughs' Dry, which I picked up. (A month or so, I decided that my college days are finally over, and I pretty much stopped drinking alcohol all together. (Tea is so much better, anyway!) It should be an interesting and amusing read.)

I'm going to take a quick nap before they start boarding. Suddenly, I find myself wishing when I packed my carry-on bag I decided that I really DO need easy access to a large quantity of down feathers at all times. I have the feeling that my video camera, cell phone, palm pilot, and wallet won't make the most comfortable pillow ever.

No comments: