Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tea, Sick Again

Today, I had tea in a lovely little tearoom in NYC with Sebastian Beckwith of In Pursuit of Tea. Unfortunately, I am sick again. Not sure if it's allergies or what, but I am very fuzzy (mentally) and congested and just generally not feeling well at all. In fact, I had to come home early today and sleep for a long period of time, only to awake and find that, yes, my entire body DOES still feel like it was hit by a truck today. Also, I now have a fever. Fortunately, I was able to get an appontment with a doctor who is not only NOT a quack, but actually quite good. The problem is that my insurance doesn't cover him. At this point, I feel it's worth it to pay (much) more for a doctor I know won't try to give me entirely unnecessary exams, sell me flax seed oil for migraines, or any other ludicrous thing under the guide of "medical science." I seriously need to get a new insurance plan.

Anyway, I got to have tea with Sebastian. Though my allergy/illness haze, I remember that he's a cool guy and we had a good converstation. Oh, and I drank a nice Dimbula Ceylon. The details left about when the fever arrived, so I can't really say much more than that. I'm going back to sleep now.

No comments: