Sunday, June 10, 2007

World Tea Expo: Products and People

The exhibit hall is full of two main things: products and people. Most of the people are great. Some of the products are great. Here's a shortlist of the booths I skipped and the booths I'll be back to see again tomorrow (or, in other words, my person best and worst of show).

I skipped anything involving country-home-style products, faeries/wings/glitter, children, instant teas (especially the tea that comes in a spoon with a filter over the end--you stir it in hot water to brew it . . . I can't even begin to tell you how disturbing I find this product to be), cold-water-brewed iced teas, and MOST of the bottled teas. Other people may love these things, but they are decidedly NOT for me.

The booths that I loved and will be back to see again tomorrow include (though I'm sure I'm missing some) Art of Tea, Bodum, ITI, Ito En, Keiko, Red and Green Company, Rishi, and Tao of Tea. I know I missing most of the teaware people and I'm pretty sure I'm leaving some other worthwhile companies out, but I'll go back and list the for you later. In the meantime, these are the ones that I felt the most excited about. I'll tell you more about each company over the next few weeks--they have a lot of things going for them! If you get the chance, check out their sites!

I desperately need a nap, so it's off to the hostel to take one! After my nap, I'm going to a southern-style tearoom to get my fried food and sweet tea fix for the trip. (It is impossible for Southern expatriates to visit the South without eating at least one fried food and drinking at least one glass of "Southern table wine.") I can hardly wait!

No comments: